How to change the document root in XAMPP on windows ?

I have installed XAMPP in C drive on my windows. Today I thought I will move my installation to another directory.

After searching the web for couple of minutes, I got a solution that worked perfectly. Here are the steps you have to follow.
  1. Open the file httpd.conf from the location C:/xampp/apache/conf
  2. Search for DocumentRoot and you will get something like this
    DocumentRoot “C:/xampp/htdocs”
  3. Update the DocumentRoot to new location. For example, if you want to update the DocumentRoot to D:/www , then you will have the following line after updating the location
    DocumentRoot  “D:/www”
  4. Then find the Directory and you will fine something similar to
    <Directory “C:/xampp/htdocs”>
  5. Update it to new location like this
    <Directory “D:/www”>
  6. Then finally restart the Apache server using XAMPP control panel or manually.
That’s it, you are done. The DocumentRoot has been moved to new place successfully.

Loading
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Flying Twitter Bird Widget By ICT Sparkle